Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) armory. With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build reports and charts that summarise and analyze large amounts of raw data and help you to spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.
In this session, you'll learn how to create a pivot table report in just 6 clicks! You'll learn how to change the layout and appearance of the report to make it inviting to read. You'll learn how to display data in different ways, for example, sales grouped by month or top 10 customers. You'll learn how to create Slicers which are the new visual way to filter a pivot table. Finally, you'll learn how to display the pivot table data as a chart/graph.
- What is a pivot table – a few examples of pivot tables
- Creating a simple pivot table in 6 clicks
- Sum, count, and percent – how to change what is displayed
- Making a pivot table report eye-catching appealing
- Changing the layout of a pivot table
- Displaying the data in a pivot table in alphabetical or numerical order
- Using filters to display specific items in a pivot table
- Grouping the data by month, year or quarter in a pivot table
- Representing the pivot table data as a chart/graph
- Best practices for updating a pivot table when the source data changes
- Calculating month-on-month difference
- Calculating a running/cumulative total
- Displaying a unique count
- Using formulas to create additional calculated items
- Slicers – the new visual way to filter a pivot table
YOUR EXPERT INSTRUCTOR
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business for 26 years. His expertise and experience covers designing and delivering training courses, creating written training materials (Quick Reference Guides and step-by-step tutorials), recording and editing video-based tutorials and providing support to users. He is a subject matter expert in a range of Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Office, Lync/Skype for Business and SharePoint. He has extensive experience of working with Cloud-based collaboration tools such as Box and OneDrive and has worked extensively with Mac OSX and Mac-related software since 2006.
Mike has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors including pharmaceutical, healthcare, legal, retail, and public sector. In addition to training, he designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes, which in turn saves time and money and improves productivity. Mike is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute.
CPE CREDIT: Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.